Trim and Trim Castle
Trim (Irish: Baile Átha Troim, meaning "town at the ford of elderflowers") is a town in County Meath, Ireland. It is situated on the River Boyne. The oldest bridge in Ireland is there, as well as the ruins of an Abby, a monastic hospital and Trim Castle.
Trim Castle (Irish: Caisleán Bhaile Atha Troim) is a Norman castle on the south bank of the River Boyne in Trim, County Meath, Ireland. With an area of 30,000 m², it is the largest and oldest Norman castle in Ireland. Over a period of 30 years, it was built by Hugh de Lacy and his son Walter as the caput of the Lordship of Meath.
Ireland’s Oldest “in-use” Bridge is just up the Boyne form the castle. Half of the tower and the arch of a gatehouse are all that remains of St. Mary's Abbey on the hill across the Boyne from the castle. St. John's Priory is a medieval priory and hospital founded circa 1202.